Terms & Conditions – KFC Competition
1. The CompariSure Financial Services (Pty) Ltd, FSP No. 48598 (“CompariSure”) “KFC Competition” (the “Competition”) is open to all entrants aged over 18
2. To enter the Competition, you (“the Participant(s)/Entrant(s)”) must complete all of the survey questions served to you (“Survey Questions”) via the CompariSure Facebook Messenger Bot (“the Bot”) or on the CompariSure website (the “Website”). Note the number of questions may vary by participant. Any link that Participants receive to the Bot/Website will be considered valid. For example, Participants may receive a link to the Bot/Website via a Facebook ad, email from CompariSure or friend referral (amongst other mechanisms). The Bot/Website will confirm that you have a valid entry (“Entry) into the competition once you have completed the required questions. You may be required to validate your phone number via a One Time Pin (OTP).
3. To enter the Competition and be eligible to win you will need to have a valid and operational bank account in which to receive the voucher funds.
4. In addition to receiving an Entry into the Competition by answering all the Survey Questions as outlined above, Participants can also obtain additional supplementary Entries into the Competition by completing certain additional tasks (“Additional Tasks”). CompariSure will communicate any such Additional Tasks with Entrants, announcing how the Additional Task can be completed and how many additional Entries will be received. Examples of Additional Tasks and potential Entries are listed below:
i. Answering additional survey questions communicated by the CompariSure Bot: + 1 Entry
ii. Validating an email address or phone number via a One Time Pin: + 1 Entry for each
iii. Taking a call from a CompariSure agent for a formal life insurance quote: + 2 Entries
iv. Referring a friend (“Friend(s)”) to the competition – who completes the survey: + 2 Entries (referals will be checked for validity (i.e. valid name and phone number) and any fake referrals or deliberate attempts to enter multiple referals will lead to disqualification from the Competition)
5. Further mechanisms to obtain additional Entries into the Competition may be initiated by CompariSure at any time during the Competition. Any such new mechanisms will be communicated to some or all of the Competition Participants, on a basis to be determined by CompariSure.
6. Additional intermediate prizes may be offered during the course of the Competition to encourage Participants to engage further with the Competition. Any such intermediate prizes and related additional Entries will be communicated to all or some of the Participants, on a basis to be determined by CompariSure.
7. By submitting personal information Participants agree to receive emails and/or SMS and/or Calls containing offers and developments from CompariSure and/or its affiliate partners. Participants will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe to all communication by email, reply SMS or by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Only 1 main entry per person is allowed, although Participants may earn additional supplementary entries as outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
10. If Participants have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Competition, please e-mail us at email@example.com with “KFC Competition” in the subject line.
11. The closing date of the Competition is 23:59 on 28 February 2021. Entries received after the closing time will not be considered, unless the competition deadline has been extended. CompariSure reserves the right to extent the competition deadline by up to 1 month. Any such change in deadline will be communicated to all Participants by email (provided a valid email address has been provided).
12. One winner will be chosen from a random draw of Entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed by a random computer process. The draw will take place on 1 March 2021.
13. The Competition winner’s survey information will be checked via call after the competition. Incorrect information on the survey will lead to disqualification. Under such circumstance, a redraw will take place and a new winner will be announced.
14. The Competition Winner (“Winner”) will receive a KFC monetary voucher to the value stipulated in the Facebook Advert clicked on by the user which initiated the survey and subsequent competition entry.
15. If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and CompariSure shall be entitled to select another winner.
16. The prize is personal and is registered in the name of the winner. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or payable in cash or other products. In case of refusal or non-acceptance of the prize the prize will not be awarded. In that case, CompariSure is entitled to choose another winner.
17. CompariSure accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
18. The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Competition and the winner shall participate in such activity on CompariSure’s reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by CompariSure and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Competition for an unlimited time, of the winner’s voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by CompariSure and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Competition, all entrants consent to the same.
19. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or KFC. You are providing your information to CompariSure and not to Facebook or KFC. The information you provide will be used for purposes as outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
20. Employees or agencies of CompariSure or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Competition may not enter the Competition
21. CompariSure accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. CompariSure further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of CompariSure for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
22. CompariSure reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of CompariSure in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. CompariSure shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.