. The CompariSure Financial Services (Pty) Ltd, FSP No. 48598 (“CompariSure”) “Education competition” (the “Competition”) is open to all South African citizens or permanent residents aged over 18 who are parents or legal guardians of a child (or children) under 15.
2. To enter the Competition, you (“the Participant(s)/Entrant(s)”) must complete all of the survey questions served to you (“Survey Questions”) via the CompariSure Facebook Messenger Bot (“the Bot”) or on the CompariSure website (the “Website”). Note the number of questions may vary by participant. Any link that Participants receive to the Bot/Website will be considered valid. For example, Participants may receive a link to the Bot/Website via a Facebook ad, email from CompariSure or friend referral (amongst other mechanisms). The Bot/Website will confirm that you have a valid entry (“Entry) into the competition once you have completed the required questions. You may be quired to validate your phone number via a One Time Pin (OTP).
3. The total prize value on offer is R30 000 which will be awarded in two draws that will occur at the end of the competition. The first draw will be for the R20 000 prize and will include all competition entrants. The second draw will be for the R10 000 prize and will be exclusive to the top 20 entrants with the most draw entries (earned as described below). There may be more than 20 entrants in the second draw if there are entrants tied on points for the last spots in the top 20.The draw process is random, so it is possible that the same entrant wins both prizes.
4. In addition to receiving an Entry into the Competition by answering all the Survey Questions as outlined above, Participants can also obtain additional Entries into the Competition by completing certain additional tasks (“Additional Tasks”). CompariSure will communicate any such Additional Tasks with Entrants, announcing how the Additional Task can be completed and how many additional Entries will be received. Examples of Additional Tasks and potential Entries are listed below:
i. Answering additional survey questions communicated by the CompariSure Bot: + 3 Entry
ii. Doing a life insurance quote with a CompariSure agent OR completing the funeral quote process on the bot (option profile dependent): + 5 Entries
iii. Referring friends that fully complete the competition entry process: + 2 Entries per successful referral
*CompariSure may check whether referrals are unique real people. Invalid, fake or duplicate referals may lead to disqualification.
5. Further mechanisms to obtain additional supplementary Entries into the Competition may be initiated by CompariSure at any time during the Competition. Any such new mechanisms will be communicated to some or all of the Competition Participants, on a basis to be determined by CompariSure.
6. Additional intermediate prizes may be offered during the course of the Competition to encourage Participants to engage further with the Competition. Any such intermediate prizes and related additional Entries will be communicated to all or some of the Participants, on a basis to be determined by CompariSure.
8. By submitting personal information Participants agree to receive emails and/or SMS and/or Calls containing offers and developments from CompariSure and/or its affiliate partners. Participants will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe to all communication by email, reply SMS or by sending a request to email@example.com.
10. The Competition winner’s survey information will be checked via call after the competition. Incorrect information on the survey will lead to disqualification. Under such circumstance, a redraw will take place and a new winner will be announced.
11. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Only 1 main entry per person is allowed, although Participants may earn additional supplementary entries as outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
12. During the week before the Competition closes, an “Opt In” link will be sent to all participants, and only those that click on the link will be considered as valid entrants into the draw. The Competition winner’s survey information may be checked via call after the competition. Incorrect information on the survey will lead to disqualification. Under such circumstance, a redraw will take place and a new winner will be announced.
13. If Participants have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Competition, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Education Competition” in the subject line.
14. The closing date of the Competition is 23:59 on 28 February 2020. Entries received after the closing time will not be considered, unless the competition deadline has been extended. CompariSure reserves the right to extent the competition deadline by up to 1 month. Any such change in deadline will be communicated to all Participants by email (provided a valid email address has been provided).
15. One winner will be chosen from a random draw of Entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed by a random computer process. The draw will take place on Friday the 1st of November 2019 at 12pm. The winner will be called during the live draw process, and if they do not answer their phone, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and CompariSure shall repeat the random draw until a new final winner is successfully contacted via telephone during the live draw. .
16. The Competition Winners (“Winners”) will receive a contribution to an investment savings policy (the “Policy”) specifically for the purpose of saving for Education, as outlined below:
A.The Winner/s may contribute the prize towards a policy with one of the following providers:
i. Old Mutual
B. For the R20 000 1st prize, CompariSure will contribute ongoing monthly payments of R500 for a period of 40 months (Payout Period), with a total contribution of R20,000. Thereafter CompariSure will make no further contributions to the Policy.
C. For the R10 000 2nd prize, CompariSure will contribute ongoing monthly payments of R500 for a period of 20 months (Payout Period), with a total contribution of R10,000. Thereafter CompariSure will make no further contributions to the Policy.
D. The prize will be paid into the policyholders bank account with the intention that it is utilized to pay for the policy
E. The Winner will be requested to send through to CompariSure proof of the policy document once it has been taken out as well as subsequent proof of debit order payments, which may be randomly requested by CompariSure from time to time
F. CompariSure will at its discretion terminate all future prize contribution payments if:
i. Payments to the policy have been missed
ii. The original policy document and/or subsequent statements are not sent through to CompariSure on request
iii. The Winner makes withdrawals from their policy during the prize Payout Period
G. The Winner may make additional lump-sum contributions to the Policy from time to time, or make additional monthly contributions on an ongoing basis as he/she sees fit and as comply with the Policy specifications. However, CompariSure will make no additional contributions other than those outlined above.
H. CompariSure accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize not specifically included in the prize.
17. CompariSure accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize. The prize is in no way redeemable/exchangeable for cash.
18. The winner will be notified by email and/or SMS and/or call on the day the random draw is conducted (i.e. within one week of the closing date of the competition). If a winner does not respond to CompariSure within 14 days of being notified by CompariSure, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and CompariSure shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above. If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and CompariSure shall be entitled to select another winner.
19. The prize is personal and is registered in the name of the winner. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or payable in cash or other products or services. In case of refusal or non-acceptance of the prize the prize will not be awarded. In that case, CompariSure is entitled to choose another winner.
20. The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Competition and the winner shall participate in such activity on CompariSure’s reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by CompariSure and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Competition for an unlimited time, of the winner’s voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by CompariSure and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Competition, all entrants consent to the same.
21. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to CompariSure and not to Facebook. The information you provide will be used for purposes as outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
22. Employees or agencies of CompariSure or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Competition may not enter the Competition
23. CompariSure accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. CompariSure further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of CompariSure for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
24. CompariSure reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of CompariSure in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. CompariSure shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
25. The Bot/Website may automatically generate life insurance quotes for Participants, using the answers Participants have provided to the Survey Questions. Participants have no obligations under this quote and no purchase is necessary. Any such quote is purely for information purposes of the Participant. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to win.
We are compliant with the Promotion of Access to Information Act (PAIA). Find our PAIA manual here.