CompariTour Bus Ticket: Terms & Conditions
Last updated: 2 December 2020
(2) We act as an agent for the Suppliers and as such we accept Bookings on behalf of such Suppliers and collect payment from you on behalf of such Suppliers. Each Booking for a Service Component to be rendered by a Supplier will constitute a direct agreement between you and the relevant Supplier.
(4) Please note that while we will try to send to you a confirmation notice for every valid Booking request we receive from you, we cannot guarantee that such confirmation notice will be received by you, nor that, if they are received by you.
(5) If you do not receive a confirmation notice after submitting your payment information, or if you experience an error message or service interruption after submitting your payment information, you should confirm with our Call Centre. We will not be liable for any losses you may suffer in this regard.
(6) The information you have submitted with your Booking request will be processed as you have provided it. If you realize that an error has been made or that you need to make a change to such information, you should advise us immediately.
(7) A complete record of your Booking will be sent or given to you. You should retain such record.
(8) CompariTours is not responsible for the service quality provided by any of our suppliers.
(9) We may without prior notice change the price, discontinue the availability or change the description of Service Components. Special promotions may be subject to certain additional terms and conditions.
(10) The costs associated with travel arrangements are not always stable, and currency movements can change. When you book a Service Component, we reserve the right to pass on any surcharges to you. Surcharges may be imposed to cover increases in transportation costs, including the costs of fuel and security charges.
(11) All prices indicated as applying to Service Components will be inclusive of VAT but exclusive of any other taxes and duties, which, unless otherwise indicated, will be charged separately if applicable.
(1) You will be required to provide the necessary payment account details when submitting your Booking request.
(2) By submitting a Booking request to us, you authorise us to debit your designated account with the relevant amounts due for the Service Components ordered.
(3) Should we be unable to duly effect such payment for any reason your Booking may be cancelled.
(4) You warrant that you are duly authorized to make payments from the account designated by you.
(5) We will provide you with an itinerary, Booking number and other electronic Travel Documents upon or following confirmation of your Booking.
(6) When arriving at the relevant Supplier you may be required to present your credit card, reasonably acceptable photo identification (passport, identity document and/or driver’s license) and any relevant Booking number and/or other relevant Travel Documents that we may have issued to you in respect of the particular Booking.
(7) The relevant Supplier will not be obliged to honor the Booking unless you provide it with such proof of your Booking as it may reasonably require.
(8) It may sometimes be appropriate to collect Travel Documents from you when purchasing your tickets.
(9) You should check all details of the Travel Documents (including the itinerary) upon receipt thereof. If there are any inaccuracies on any of the Travel Documents you should inform us immediately as we do not accept and loss as a result of such inaccuracies.
(10) CompariTours offers credit and debit card payments in the CompariTours Facebook Messenger Chat as well as system generated secure electronic payment links.
3. Changes, Cancellations and Refunds
• All bookings made with CompariTours are non-refundable and changes are not allowed. If your booking is entitled for a change or a refund, this needs to be confirmed by CompariTours before your scheduled departure.
• If you wish to make a change to the booking, we will do our best to make the change. Fares will be re-quoted at the time of amendment.
• If allowed, you may cancel your booking before departure but penalties will apply based on the supplier’s rules. An administration fee will also be charged by CompariTours. All refunds when applicable will be paid by CompariTours.
• If you wish to cancel your booking and the rules of your booking allows you to do so, CompariTours will issue a voucher minus an administration fee. The voucher can be used for any future bookings at CompariTours and is valid for a single-use transaction from the year of issuance.
• Please note these administration fees are charged to cover the administration costs for making the changes. Therefore, please be aware that the relevant suppliers may have additional fees.
• Refunds can take up to 4 weeks or longer for processing.
• If you can provide suitable proof that a passenger, for whom the service component was originally booked, has passed away or has been hospitalized and will be unable to use the service as a result, CompariTours will not charge any cancellation fees.
• If you are not showing up at the time of departure, you will not be eligible for a refund. It is your responsibility to be on time before departure.
4. General Conditions
• This agreement is governed by South African Law. The Parties consent to the jurisdiction of the appropriate Magistrate’s Court with regard to any action based on these Terms and Conditions.
• This document reflects the only agreement between you and CompariTours. And you are contracted to the supplier independent of CompariTours.
• You will be liable for all legal fees or an attorney and own client scale in the event that CompariTours has to engage a lawyer to enforce or defend any of its rights.
• We do not accept liability for any actions, errors or omissions of the suppliers and their agents, which may result in a loss of any form, including personal harm.
• We do not accept liability for the consequences of actions beyond our control such as late or non-issuance of visas, passports or any other travel documentation, Acts of God etc.
• Whilst we at CompariTours are committed to doing so, you need to be aware that we cannot guarantee the extent to which your information is protected by third party service providers, such as airlines, hotels, car hire companies, etc., who need your personal information to conclude your travel arrangements.
• Every reasonable effort is usually made by Suppliers to adhere to confirmed Bookings. However a Supplier may require cancellations of or changes to a Service Component from time to time. We will try to advise you of any such cancellation of or change to a Service Component of which we become aware.
• Reselling of Packages or Service Components thereof, booked with us is strictly prohibited. Any resale of any tickets or other components of a Package purchased from us (or attempt) will entitle us to cancel such tickets and to resell them.
• We will try to ensure that sensitive payment information (such as your credit card details) provided to us are suitably protected. For such purposes we will implement reasonable security measures which may include cryptographic techniques to protect such information. There is however no guarantee that your information is 100% safe and secure.
• Use or enjoyment of a Service Component may be hazardous to the health or safety of the users of their services and you do so at your own risk although we try to ensure that the particulars of the suppliers are displayed and described completely and accurately, we do not warrant same and disclaim to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law any liability arising from any omissions and inaccuracies pertaining to such display and description save to the extent that such liability is caused by our gross negligence or fraud.
o We will not be liable for any indirect, special or consequential losses of any kind whatsoever arising in connection with any booking (whether in contract, statute or delict, including for negligence), save to the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law.
o In no event will our aggregate liability for the claims arising in connection with any booking exceed the fees actually received by us in respect of the service component most closely associated with the claims, irrespective of the cause of action (whether in contract, statute or delict, including for negligence), save to the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law.
o It is strongly advised that you and those travelling with you take out adequate insurance cover such as cancellation due to illness, accident or injury, personal accident and personal liability, loss of or damage to baggage and sports equipment. should your insurers dispute their liability for any reason, you will have recourse against the insurers only.
• It is entirely your responsibility to ensure that all your passports and visas are current, valid, obtained on time and that any vaccinations, inoculations, prophylactics (e.g. for malaria) and the like, where required, have been obtained. Passports must be valid for 6 (six) months after return to South Africa. You should check the requirements with the travel agent before travelling.
• Taxes: We will try to advise you of all mandatory taxes, which you must pay before departure. However, many countries charge departure taxes that can only be paid locally.
• Medical Problems: You must ensure that all facilities offered are able to cater for any requirements from a medical / disability point of view and to make direct arrangements with the Supplier concerned in order to cater for your needs or that of any other person travelling with you.
• We and our commercial partners may use your personal data for the purposes of executing transactions concluded with you, for billing purposes or in order to serve relevant advertising to you. We and our affiliates may send you information, special offers and advertising by email, through SMS, WhatsApp, within our regular newsletters, through once-off promotional offers or by telephone.
• If you do not want to receive the information as set out above then please send an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The new regulations, effective on 01 June 2015, require that all parents arriving, transiting and departing from SA produce an unabridged birth certificate for their children. It is the traveler’s responsibility to update themselves with the latest immigration reuirements.
5. General Conditions of Use for this Facebook Page
(1) You are solely responsible for all fees that may apply to your use of this web site and the services offered on it.
(2) You may not access this site for any purpose other than for utilizing the services offered on it in the normal manner. You may not access our site for the purposes of redistributing or otherwise using any of our content for your own business purposes unless you are expressly licensed thereto by us in writing.
(3) We do not usually monitor, edit, control or filter the content submitted to this site by our users. Such content, including as may be found in blogs, forums, chat groups, comment sections and bulletin boards, do not represent our views and we have not authorized or endorsed such content. Such content should also not be viewed as professional advice of any kind, be it medical, legal, financial or otherwise. Please notify our Customer Care Centre if you have a complaint about the activities of or content submitted by a user of this site.
(4) We do not distribute or endorse any products, services or events posted, promoted and/or listed on our site and our display of such products, services or events should not be construed as any form of endorsement thereof.
(5) Notwithstanding that this site may contain links to third-party web sites and that some third party web sites may contain links to this site we do not control, endorse or approve the activities or content of any such third-party web sites. Please contact the relevant web site proprietor if you have a complaint about the activities or content of a third party web site.
(6) Proprietary rights (including without limitation, the trade marks, copyright and patent rights) in the components of this site belong to us and our licensors, including in the compilations, collective works and derivative works created incorporating the content of our users.
(8) You will be required to choose a user name and a password when registering with us or using some of our services.
(9) We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will collate the information which you give to us to provide you with services and personalize your use and visits of this site.
(10) We have to protect our business and secure our systems. Consequently, you should note that we may monitor and keep records of any communication that you may send to or receive via our web site and we may use, publish and disclose such communications for any lawful purpose. This may include our filtering of incoming and outgoing electronic data messages to identify, limit and/or prevent the transmission of unlawful or otherwise undesirable material or content.
CompariTours is an affiliate of CompariSure Financial Services (Pty) Ltd
CompariSure Financial Services (Pty) Ltd trading as CompariSure | Authorised financial services provider (48598) | 22 Cumberland Road, Paarden Eiland, Cape Town, WC 7405